A. There shall be an advisory board for Oklahoma Malayalee Association, Inc.
1. This Board will be comprised of five immediate past presidents of the Association, as long as
he/she qualifies and in good standing with the goals of the Association.
2. If anyone of the eligible five members is unable to serve, then his/her position shall be filled in the first meeting of the Advisory Board along with the combined meeting of the outgoing and incoming executive committees of the Association by a majority vote of the members present.
3. Member of the incoming executive committee of the Association shall not serve as an Advisory Board member.
4. The Advisory Board shall meet at least once a year. The first meeting of the Advisory Board shall be held along with the combined meeting of the outgoing and incoming executive committees of the Association. The Advisory Board shall elect a chairperson for the current year during this meeting, by a majority vote of the members present.
5. Current Advisory board shall be dissolved automatically after the General Election for the new
B. The purpose of the Advisory Board shall be:
1. To serve only as an advisory body and shall not have any power over the Executive Committee.
2. The Executive Committee, at its discretion, may invite this Board to its meetings. This board
may give its advice, but will not have any voting rights.
3. The Advisory Board may also, if it feels necessary, give advice or suggestions to the Executive
Committee on any matter relating to the activities of the Association. Any unresolved dispute,
breach of constitution of Oklahoma Malayalee Association, or any grave concern within the executive committee shall be referred to the advisory board for advice and recommendation.
4. In a situation where the Association becomes non-functional or unconstitutional, the Advisory
Board shall meet and discuss the situation and with a minimum of three votes in favor shall call
the General Body and guide the General Body to take appropriate action.
5. The advisory board may oversee the General Election for the new executive committee and handing over of the relevant documents by the outgoing executive committee to the incoming committee of the Association.